Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bring on Summer

          Ahhhh. Facebook has been reminding me again and again lately about the upcoming end of school. Has it really only been a year since I was in that place - finishing up the last weeks of student teaching and preparing to move 8 states away? It seems like just yesterday. So congratulations to all of y'all finishing school in the coming weeks and months. It's a wonderful feeling!

          On another note, I have been doing quite a bit of crafting as of late. Most recently, I made a little flannel receiving blanket. I had every intention of making the blanket to give away to the first woman I found having a baby girl, but as soon as I finished it, I fell in love. I decided that I was going to save it until we had a baby girl (however long that my take). This was the first non-clothing-item project that I have done, and it was way more fun than I anticipated. Just for reference, I used a pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Company for a self-binding receiving blanket.


Next project - a chevron patterned something made with striped fabric. This will be so much fun!!!!

Hope y'all are having an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment