Friday, October 28, 2011

Date Night

Since my husband and I both have really busy lives (him working a full time job and a part time job and me, a full time student) we don't get to spend as much time with each other as we'd like to every day. To make up for this, we set aside a special date time each week where just get to spend time together. Tonight was that night for us. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse and let me just say, I think they have the best salmon I have ever eaten. Overall, it was a wonderfully fun evening. I really just love spending time with my husband. 

When we got home, I tried and tried to focus on homework, but it just never worked. Instead, I was distracted by a craving for something brownie-like. So I decided that I would take a moment to experience a small piece of heaven by making and eating these Cookie Dough Brownies from Kim at Lovin' From the Oven. In retrospect, I probably should have waited until tomorrow to make these so I could make a better judgment on whether or not I actually needed them, but oh well. Overall, the brownies are like a buy one get one sale. You love it because you can get such a great sale (they tasted SO good), but you hate it because you spend five times what you wanted to (I now want to throw up). They were rich. You think you've tasted a rich dessert before, but you're wrong. Unless you've tasted these. When Kim says to only eat a little at a time, listen. You're stomach will thank me. 

 Also, I finished my hat. :) It's adorable. I love it. 
Have a great day!!
the wife

1 comment: