Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hello World!

Hello blogging world!
Hopefully in the future this blog will become a little world of our simple thoughts, silly antics, and great ideas! You'll find knitting adventures, cooking endeavors, and maybe even a few funny husband stories. 


So for tonight, I'll share a quick little story. I decided to make meatballs and mashed potatoes tonight, since most of the (non-cereal) meals in this house are fabulous one dish wonders. For probably the first time in my life, I made the entire meal by myself. By that, I mean that I only needed to call Michael in to stir the potatoes twice. Usually he's my sous-chef and never leaves the kitchen. The preparation of the meal went smoothly, and I thought that the new recipe might actually turn out to be yummy. I got everything on the plate and we sat down to eat, only to find that Walmart is incapable of creating decent meat. Now I know how that sounds, but for once, my recipe was not the problem. It was as if someone forgot to remove all of the gristle. Michael tried three meatballs and ended up just eating all of the mashed potatoes. So for future meals.. no more meat from Walmart. (I really need to find a local butcher shop.)


To end this fun first blog post, this is a picture of my handsome husband and I from our wedding just a few short months ago. (credit to One17 Photography

1 comment: