Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Good Dinner Week

So far this week, I'm two for two. Both times I've made dinner this week (which is actually good in itself), the husband has liked it! As a college kid, it's just really hard sometimes to figure out how to go to class, get my work done, spend time with the husband, and make anything for dinner. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I have a particularly long day of class which makes the dinner situation even more crazy. So here's a rundown. 

On Monday, I planned what I like to call Poor Man's Chicken Parmesan. Whenever I was an on-campus student, I would take chicken patties and add them to spaghetti and call it a meal. It was easy and tasted great! For this meal, I used chicken nuggets instead, but followed the same basic pattern. While the chicken nuggets baked (we used Tyson brand), I could make the pasta. When everything was done, I smothered it in cheese. I know, I know. Chicken nuggets aren't real healthy, nor is this plan real original. But it tasted fantastic and that's all that matters. The hubby loved it and it took twenty minutes max. 
(And since I made dinner, he did the dishes. What a sweetheart!)

Tonight was my first night of using the new crock pot. For simplicity, since I've never used the thing before, I just cooked a little bit of chuck roast. I made some mashed potatoes and peas and carrots to go with it. My critical nature found a list a ways the meal could have been better: put salt in the mashed potatoes, cook the meat a little less, cook the peas a little more, on and on and on. My husband, however, wonderful man that he is, just turns to me in my complaining and says, "I think it's really good. Is there more?" I just love that man.

So this week, go buy some chicken nuggets for the next time you have spaghetti and remember to put salt in those mashed potatoes!!

ps. I am in the process of knitting this hat. I hope to finish it later tonight and post pictures later this week. 
(Photo and Pattern from Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller)


Have a great evening!!
The wife

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute!!!

    I am excited to see the finished hat : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did finish it!! :) It's super cute. I'm planning to get a picture tomorrow to put up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog and I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete